A few weeks back, Mommy-in-training and I had a very long, very in depth conversation about our friendship and us and life. She was going through a ridiculously hard time and there was only so much a best friend could do from 1,000 miles away. After a full day of texting, we both realized something: We connect on a level most moms only dream of. Neither of us feels we’ve ever had a relationship like ours. When it comes right down to it though, we’ve only known each other just over two years. There are things like favorite colors, middle names and stories of high school heartbreak that we never discussed before. We joked that the answer to our problems would be one of those old school surveys that we emailed to dozens of our friends when we were teenagers. I was sure I still had some saved in an old embarrassing blog somewhere and lucky for you all, I was right!
So, enjoy this entertaining throwback where I’m pretty sure the only thing I’d still answer the same is my name…
About Princess Mommy circa 2003
1. Who sent this e-mail to you? Molly-O did.
2. What time is it? 1:56 p.m.
3. Name that appears on your birth certificate? Heather
4. Nick name(s)? Polka, Bucket, Smiley, Red, Beautiful, Boss
5. Parents names? Well I call them Mom and Dad, but you can do whatever you want
6. Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake? 17
7. Date u regularly blow them out? October 15
8. Pets? a couple of stupid cats and a crazy dog
9.Tattoos? nah… not for me
10. Piercings? 3 in each ear and 1 at the top of my left ear
11. Favorite color? Yellow
12. Hometown? St. Louie
13. Current residence? Hazelwood
14. Favorite food? Chicken, Arby’s, sopa pia
15. Been to Africa? No… But it would probably be pretty darn interesting.
16. Been toilet papering? Heck yeah… It’s great fun too… almost as fun as other practical jokes…
17. Loved somebody so much they made u cry? sorta, kinda, maybe
18. Been in a car accident? Yes…but both were very minor.
19. Croutons or Bacon Bits? A salad is not a salad without them.
20. Current car you drive? Well… I don’t
21. Favorite Movie? My Best Friend’s Wedding, Lilo and Stitch, The Wedding Planner
22. Favorite Holiday? All of those summer ones
23. Favorite day of the week? I hate Sundays at work. I hate Wednesdays at school.
24. Favorite word or phrase? hmmmm…..
25. Favorite toothpaste? Hell I don’t know… whatever is in the bathroom works for me
26. Favorite restaurant? Arby’s and Burger King
27. Favorite Flowers? Daisies, yellow roses
28. Favorite Soda? anything Cherry
29. Favorite sport to watch? I don’t watch sports
30. Preferred type of ice cream? Vanilla
31. Favorite Sesame Street Character? Elmo and the Grouch
32. Last book you read? Dracula
33. Favorite fast food restaurant? I already answered that
34. When was your last hospital visit? November
35. What color is your bedroom carpet? I don’t have one
36. How many times have u failed you drivers test? I haven’t taken it yet
37. Who is the last person u got and e-mail from? Zippy
38. Have u ever been convicted of a crime? Not that I can remember
39. Which single store would you choose to max your credit card? Target
40. What do you do most often when you are bored? Get online, call Allen, sleep
41. Name the friend that lives farthest away from u? Camp people
42. Most annoying thing people ask u? “Are you going with Allen?”
43. Where are you working now? Harbor Freight Tools
44. Who will respond the quickest to this quiz? No one
46. Favorite all time TV shows? F * R * I * E * N * D * S ~ Will & Grace ~ Good Morning Miami ~ ER ~ American Idol
47. Last person (s) you were out to eat wit? Allen
48. What is in your CD player right now? Lilo
I’m sure if you made it this far you have one thing likely on your mind… What exactly does this have to do with parenting? And here’s the thing, it doesn’t. Not directly anyway. The important thing to remember about parenting though is that we are not defined as “mom” and “dad.” There are so many other things we have to associate ourselves with, hats we must wear, parties we must crash… I am a mom, yes. I am a parent, yes. But before all that, I am Heather. There was a 17-year-old me over a decade ago that didn’t have kids or a husband or a mortgage. That me, while yes, very, very different is still this me. Go find your own throwback, whether an old dear diary entry or a high school yearbook, just take a step back and figure out who else you happen to be.
Latest posts by Heather Campbell, Princess Mommy (see all)
- The Fifth Birthday is Kind of a Big One! - June 10, 2014
- Throwback Thursday: Survey from a Teenager - May 15, 2014
- Throwback Thursday: 8th Grade Love According to Princess Mommy in Y2K - January 2, 2014